The User Permissions page contains all the options that determine the level of access that a user has to your Organization's instance of Shipyard. To view this page, a user must have the Edit permission for the Users element.
Permissions are granted in a matrix that allows you to specify permission levels for each element of the platform.
- Create - Ability to make new elements or duplicate existing ones.
- View - Ability to see and interact with an element.
- Edit - Ability to make changes to an existing element.
- Delete - Ability to remove the element permanently.
Choose which specific projects a user should have access to. Project names are automatically completed as you type them.
- Access settings are applied at the Organization level. In other words, a selected setting for an element will apply to every project that a user has access to.
- You cannot currently restrict a user's ability to create, view, edit, and delete Vessels and Fleets. By default, a user has all permissions for these elements.
- A user has access to all Vessels and all Fleets contained within a Project that they have access to.
- The User Permissions page is the only way to view all projects that exist.
- There is no way to guarantee that a user has access to all current and future projects. If a user has Create permissions for Projects, it is possible for them to create Rogue Projects that only they have access to.