Upload a Local File
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to upload a file from your computer to Shipyard that can be used in a Fleet. This can be helpful to upload static credential or reference files, such as RSA keys.
By the end of the tutorial, you'll be able to:
We do not recommend using this process to upload dynamic data files. We recommend that you download data files using our Library Blueprints.
First, download this zip file, named
upload_rsa.zip to your computer without making any changes.
Feel free to peruse this zip file beforehand so you understand the contents and purpose. The zip file contains two files:
upload_rsa.sh- A bash script that prints a success message and returns a 0 exit code.
id_rsa- The RSA key file to be uploaded into Shipyard.
Using the sidebar, click + New Fleet. You'll now be on the Fleet builder canvas. Next we'll walk through the process of building the required Vessel to upload the file to Shipyard
Step 1 - Create a Code Vessel
- Click Bash under the Code Vessels dropdown.
- Under Vessel Name, enter
Upload RSA File.
- Under the Code dropdown in the File to Run input, type
- Click the Upload toggle option.
- Click the Upload File button and select the
upload_rsa.zipdownloaded in the Setup section above.
When you upload files to Shipyard using this method, they will be automatically unzipped. Only a single specified file (in this tutorial,
upload_rsa.sh) can ever be run per Vessel. Future downstream Vessels can run and access the files in the zipped file.
Step 2 - Create a Vessel to Check Shipyard File System
- Click the Add Vessel button to add a second Vessel.
- Click Bash to add a Bash code Vessel.
- Under Vessel Name, enter
List All Files.
- Under File to Run, enter
- Under Code, enter
- Connect the Upload RSA File and List All Files Vessels.
Step 3 - Name your Fleet
- Click the cog for Fleet Settings on the left side of the Fleet Builder.
- Under Fleet Name, enter
Upload RSA File to Shipyard.
- Click Save & Finish on the bottom right corner of your screen. This will redirect you to a page that lets you know that your Fleet has been created successfully.
- Click Run Your Fleet. This will redirect you to the Fleet Log page.
Step 4 - Check for your File
- Wait for your Fleet to complete running with a status of Success.
- Click the green rectangle for the List All Files Vessel.
- This takes you to the Vessel Log.
- You are able to see the
id_rsafile that we wanted to upload from our computer in the Shipyard file system.
You have successfully created a Fleet with a Vessel that can upload a file to use in Shipyard from your local file system.
Use this process in any of your own Fleets by connecting the "Upload Local File Vessel" before another Vessel.