How to Build a New Vessel using Code
Every unique solution you create will require you to build a Vessel. Vessels can only be built as part of a Fleet. If you're creating the solution from scratch, you'll want to create a Vessel with Code. This how to guide will walk you through the steps to build a Vessel with Code.
Step 1 - Initial Setup
- Click the + New Fleet button in the top left corner of your page.
- Choose a Project for your Fleet to go in.
- Click the plus icon along the left side of the Fleet Builder sidebar.
- Select any option under Code Vessels.
At this point, the Vessel editing panels will be opened. You can also completely delete your unfinished progress by clicking the red X in the corner of the Vessel.
Step 2 - Name your Vessel
- At the the top of the information panel, update your Vessel to have a descriptive name. By default, we automatically generate a unique, but undescriptive name.
Step 3 - Provide Code
All of the information on this panel is required.
- Provide the File to Run necessary for your code to run properly.
- Provide the code for your solution, using any of the available methods.
Step 4 - Optional Items
All of the following panels are optional.
- Provide any arguments that your script uses.
- Provide any environment variables that your script uses.
- Provide any language packages that your script needs to use.
- Provide any system packages that your script needs to use.
- Update the notifications if you want someone other than yourself to receive alerts.
- Update the guardrails if you want your Vessel to retry in the event of an error.
- Click Save & Finish once you're done.
You've now successfully built a Vessel with code as part of a Fleet.