How to Build a New Vessel using a Blueprint
Every unique solution you create will require you to build a Vessel. Vessels can only be built as part of a Fleet. Some solutions can be built with no-code Blueprints, designed by other team members or Shipyard staff. This how to guide will walk you through the steps to build a Vessel with a Blueprint.
Step 1 - Initial Setup
- Click the + New Fleet button in the top left corner of your page.
- Choose a Project for your Fleet to go in.
- Click the plus icon along the left side of the Fleet Builder sidebar.
- Select any option under Library Blueprints or Org Blueprints.
At this point, the Vessel editing panels will be opened. You can also completely delete your unfinished progress by clicking the red X in the corner of the Vessel.
Step 2 - Name your Vessel
- At the the top of the information panel, update your Vessel to have a descriptive name. By default, we automatically generate a unique, but undescriptive name.
Step 3 - Inputs
This panel will look different for every Blueprint. You'll see a pop-up with the description of the Blueprint, how you should use it, and how you should set it up. You can always access this again by hovering over the question mark icon next to the Blueprint name. If you have questions about the functionality, reach out to the blueprint creator.
- Fill out all of the input fields. Those with a red star will be required. As you fill them out, the red number on the panel will go down.
Instead of manually filling out each field, you can use credential management to fill in the inputs.
Step 4 - Optional Items
All of the following panels are optional.
- Update the notifications if you want someone other than yourself to receive alerts.
- Update the guardrails if you want your Vessel to retry in the event of an error.
- Click Save & Finish once you're done.
You've now successfully built a Vessel with a Blueprint as part of a Fleet.