dbt shouldn't be running in a silo. It's important that your models are processed immediately after the data they relate to is processed. With Shipyard, you can an interconnected workflow that uploads data to a table in PostgreSQL and immediately triggers a subset of your dbt models. This way, you can guarantee that your dbt models are only running once new data is loaded. If the PostgreSQL data runs into trouble, you can prevent the downstream dbt job from ever running.
• Build resilient data pipelines with peace of mind
• Spend less time on infrastructure and ops
• Enhance the visibility of data operations
1) Navigate to the Blueprint Library in Shipyard.
3) Navigate to a project of your choosing.
4) Click the "+New" Vessel button at the top. Click "With a Blueprint".
6) Complete the remaining steps on the wizard and press "Save & Finish".
8) Once your two Vessels are independently created, navigate to your project and click the "+New" Fleet button at the top.
9) Click on the canvas to add your two newly created Vessels. Click and drag between the Vessels to link them together. Once finished, click "Next Step".
10) Complete the remaining steps on the wizard and press "Save & Finish".