In order to increase their speed and usability, dashboards often need to reference the smallest sets of data possible. As a result, many teams run SQL queries that store the content of views as a table to reduce the amount of processing that has to be done each time the data is accessed. This setup means that sometimes, your dashboards can be running with out of date data that isn't always updated correctly with static refresh times. With Shipyard, you can automate the execution of any DML statements against Snowflake which, once successful, will run a POST request against the Power BI, Tableau, or Looker API to refresh your dashboard with the newly available data. With this setup, you can guarantee that your dashboards will always have the latest data.
• Build resilient data pipelines with peace of mind
• Spend less time on infrastructure and ops
• Enhance the visibility of data operations
1) Navigate to the Blueprint Library in Shipyard.
3) Navigate to a project of your choosing.
4) Click the "+New" Vessel button at the top. Click "With a Blueprint".
6) Complete the remaining steps on the wizard and press "Save & Finish".
8) Once your two Vessels are independently created, navigate to your project and click the "+New" Fleet button at the top.
9) Click on the canvas to add your two newly created Vessels. Click and drag between the Vessels to link them together. Once finished, click "Next Step".
10) Complete the remaining steps on the wizard and press "Save & Finish".